When we walk into a new home or place of business, a welcome sign is inviting. It shows a sense of openness and that the owner is hospitable.
According to the great names of the world, there are at least eight things to welcome in life. They speak for themselves.
1. Welcome a smile. “A smile is the universal welcome.” Max Eastman
2. Welcome things of beauty. “Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
3. Welcome the lessons of nature. “If you would know strength and patience, welcome the company of trees.” Hal Borland
4. Welcome humor. “Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you.” Langston Hughes
5. Welcome genius. “It’s not that complicated. If you hear something and it makes you want to hear it again, that’s the ticket. You have to be lucky enough to find geniuses, welcome them and get out of their way.” Jerry Moss
6. Welcome simplicity. “To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” Helen Keller
7. Welcome problems. “Welcome those big, sticky, complicated problems. In them are your most powerful opportunities.” Ralph Marston
8. Welcome change. “You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler.” Denis Waitley
This is a short list of things I welcome in my life. What things would be on your welcome list?