“I’m not telling you, ‘Never eat a hamburger.’ Just eat the good ones with real beef, you know, like the ones from that mom-and-pop diner down the street, … And it’s so good that when you take a bite out of that burger, you just know somewhere in the world a vegan is crying.” Homer Simpson
It’s a fast food place that morphs with your mood. It might feel like a restaurant, your mama’s kitchen, an old diner, or even a day at the ball field. It’s photogenic and serves up food that will make your heart stop.
1. The red checks- The open-air, spacious feeling encountered when entering Five Guys® plays with the senses. It’s like fast food, but its clean, crisp details make it simply different from other burger joints. Clear windows with high ceilings that purposely expose painted air ducts let us know that grease doesn’t need to spill over into decor. Of course the red checks send our mind back to the good old days where home-cooking was premium, and family values were upheld.
2. The free refills– Free refills help our family choose a restaurant. Free refills say, “Stay and linger.” Free refills open conversations, since we keep using the product and don’t feel we need to rush. The bottom line is–the longer we stay and enjoy our time, the more we’ll come back.
3. The silver burger wraps– The burger wrapper puts me back 40 years when we ordered slaw dogs from Mullins Restaurant in Huntsville, Alabama. For some reason the wrappers make me think of that place. That alone, might very well be my enjoyable connection to Five Guys®.
4. The brown bag- French fries poured into the brown bag accompanied by someone announcing the name means the order is hot and ready. During the whole process, we’ve been watching the cooks make our food over an open grill, and we know they didn’t spit in or drop our food. These are additional reasons to come back to this friendly restaurant.
5. The choice of condiments– Every order is a special order at Five Guys®. When stepping up to place an order, we call out each ingredient we want on our burger from the list on the menu. We aren’t confused with set 1, set 2, or what kind of combo is on special. We simply choose our burger size, what goes on it, and what we want to eat with it. It’s all very simple. I like that.
If you want to walk away full, but don’t want to spend a fortune, enjoy something between a fast food restaurant and a diner at Five Guys® Burgers and Fries. One award after another has been granted them, so there’s no need to over analyze this delicious burger. It is what it is!