“Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” Jim Davis
I’m much more tempted by fatty foods than by sweets– unless that sweet is pecan pie, lemon icebox pie, or coconut cream pie. The reason of course is that I love coffee and all of those go perfectly with it.
What am I talking about? Today, I picked tiny black seeds out of my teeth because I snacked on a Thai version of peanut brittle made with black sesame seeds instead of peanuts. All of this to say, I need to lose five pounds, and my pathetic methods aren’t working.
Since we’re all heading into the holiday season, I thought it would be nice to share my list of six reasons why we don’t need to be starting a diet right now.
1. We bought too much food expecting the flood to hit Bangkok, and now we need to eat it all. If you’re not in my situation. Go out and buy a bunch of food for an unexpected disaster, and then you won’t need to start dieting today either.
2. Next week is Thanksgiving. To be safe, you might want to run a trial version of your favorite holiday pie or try one of those new desserts that just came out in this month’s magazine.
3. The weather’s getting cooler–the perfect time to make cinnamon rolls. It improves the smell of the place, the heat of the oven also keeps you warm, and it puts everyone in a good mood.
4. You can’t let the trick-or-treat candy go to waste. It’s awful to find a bucket of Halloween candy in January. It’s better to eat it now so that there is no temptation to snack on it later. Besides, you’ll be on your diet in January.
5. Christmas is just around the corner. If you start dieting today, what will you do when everyone at the office starts bringing in treats? If you don’t join them, you’ll seem unsociable.
6. Tradition is important, and you should teach your children to make your traditional holiday foods. So get in that kitchen and start cooking. Are you waiting for an invitation? Aren’t people depending on you?
Simply put, today is just not a good day to start a diet. I’m thinking of starting in January when I’m finished with my Postaday 2011 Challenge! When is the best time to start a diet? Drop a line and share your best dieting experience.