“Life is the most versatile thing under the sun; and in the pursuit of life and character the author who works in a groove works in blinkers.” Laurence Housman
Thank you so much to Ms. Christiner at Part of My World for the Versatile Blogger Award nomination. I love globe-trotting with her to all of the wonderful places in the world. I love that she seems to have fun wherever she goes!
I also send a thanks out to one of my recent favorite finds, Lost in Town. What I love about this blog is that every time I read the posts, I want to be in Rome! Thanks for the nomination from Italy.
7 Random things about myself:
- I once lived in a country called Bophuthatswana in Africa. It’s no longer a country. The people there were kind and generous. I would still love to eat one of their milk tarts.
- A hotdog with cheese, chilli and sauerkraut really makes my day. You might think I’m easy to please, but I’m actually picky about my hotdogs.
- If I could work anywhere in the world, I’d like to work with the production team at The Jim Henson Company. I can’t think of anything more fun to do.
- I love creating something new and excellent. That’s why the stage is a fun place for me. When I make something new and different, I’m energized.
- I love a challenge which is why I started this blog. Last year about this time, I knew nothing about blogging and WordPress put out the PostaDay Challenge in 2011, which I couldn’t resist!
- Christmas is may favorite time of the year. The weather here in Thailand is nice, and I get to spend time with my family.
- I like to set goals for learning, for creating, and for knowing more about God.
My Versatile Blogger Nominations:
Now, I get to bestow this award to some of my favorite blogging friends. Here is my list in no specific order.
Fruitful Words: You are a rock, and I love knowing that when I get to your posts, I’ll be inspired.
Julia’s Place: Julia continues to inspire me every day. She is retired and yet has several blogs going, mentors teachers, and uses Twitter. I’m impressed!
Oregon College of Art and Craft Library: Thanks to Kevin for promoting the arts on so many levels. Artists sacrifice their time and money with often little payback. I appreciate how you encourage and inspire them.
The Flatpickin’ Pilgrim’s Progress: Even if he weren’t my relative, I’d be impressed with these fun posts about life in general and how we can learn from them. Gary and I both married into a wonderful family who manages to put up with our desires to learn new things. We are the fortunate.
A Tree Grows in Bklyn: I love where the blog takes me. I get to visit places in Brooklyn while learning new things. Thanks for taking me on a virtual tour.
Wolke’s Welt: I love her random thoughts and outstanding photos. I wish I knew her heart language so that I could read some of the posts which are not in English, but nevertheless, I get the jist of those too. Thanks for sharing yourself with us!
Art Stormer: Betsy at the Art Stormer keeps us visually stimulated with many different kinds of visual arts. Thanks for promoting these artists.
Eric Murtaugh: Eric encourages all of us to live a life of adventure. I’ve recently come across his blog and appreciate his interesting stories and great photos.
Nissi Knows!: I love this young girl who shares about life. She seems to be beautiful both inside and out. Keep up the great posts, Nissi.
J-Dog Whitney’s: I found this blog recently and wanted to commend Justin. I like that he is a young artist who also uses appropriate grammar. Justin has a new blog going as well. Please give him a visit.
Random Thoughts: Another new post I’m following helps give me insights into the perspectives of different people. I look forward to reading more of these posts.
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Nominate 10-15 fellow bloggers
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award Pic on your blog post.
What makes you versatile?